- Stewardship Lives at First Church
- Board of Trustees
- Pastoral Care
- Weddings and Rites of Passage
- Resources, Policies, and Forms
- Give us your feedback
- Achievements under Vision 2010
- Member's Calendar
- Spread the Word!
- Ministers and Staff
- Adult Programs and Classes
- News & Events
- Groups and Committees
- First Church History
- Mission Statement
- LBGT Welcoming Congregation
- Music and the Arts
- Especially for Families
- Internet Links
- CHILDREN & TEENS
- Children's RE from A to Z
- Teen Programming and Religious Education
- First Sunday Activities for K5-7 Grades
- Social Action Projects for Children/Teens
- Food Packing for Hunger Relief
- Holiday Giving Tree
- Kids to Vote for May Partner Organization
- Mission Trip
- Calendar of Events
- Family and Friends Committee
- RE Forms
- Welcoming Children into the Sanctuary
- SOCIAL JUSTICE
- Social Justice Council
- Economic Justice
- Earth Justice Ministry
- 57 K Social Justice Project Proposals
- Common Ground
- First Friday Films
- Share the Plate
- Social Justice Council Action Groups
Welcome from the Director of Religious Education
Exploring beliefs. Nuturing spirits.
Welcome! Our Religious Education (RE) program is about much more than learning: it's about growing. It's about the wonder of being alive!
Here, we seek to provide a safe environment where the spirit of each child will blossom and grow. From the youngest to the oldest, we believe in fostering a sense of worth and belonging, a foundation from which children may develop emotionally, spiritually and intellectually. As they grow, we provide an enriching environment where children are encouraged to confidently explore life's most puzzling questions. Above all, we’re committed to providing a program that encourages all of us to learn and respect what is religious about our own lives.
Children are an important part of this church. We understand that their needs for a religious community are the same as those of adults: a place to belong with caring and supportive friendships; a place to grow spiritually, developing inner peace, wisdom and understanding of the world around us; and a place to serve our efforts to make a difference in the world. Check out the Children's RE pages on this Web site to learn more about our religious education program and some of its opportunities for belonging, growing spiritually and service.
Your family is invited to join in the exploration and celebration. We’re delighted to have you with us!
beryl [dot] aschenberguumilwaukee [dot] org (subject: First%20Church%20RE%20inquiry) (Beryl Aschenberg), Director of Religious Education