- Stewardship Lives at First Church
- Board of Trustees
- Pastoral Care
- Weddings and Rites of Passage
- Resources, Policies, and Forms
- Give us your feedback
- Achievements under Vision 2010
- Member's Calendar
- Spread the Word!
- Ministers and Staff
- Adult Programs and Classes
- News & Events
- Groups and Committees
- First Church History
- Mission Statement
- LBGT Welcoming Congregation
- Music and the Arts
- Especially for Families
- Internet Links
- CHILDREN & TEENS
- Summer Religious Education
- Children's RE from A to Z
- Teen Programming and Religious Education
- First Sunday Activities for K5-7 Grades
- Social Action Projects for Children/Teens
- Food Packing for Hunger Relief
- Holiday Giving Tree
- Kids to Vote for May Partner Organization
- Mission Trip
- Calendar of Events
- Family and Friends Committee
- RE Forms
- Welcoming Children into the Sanctuary
- SOCIAL JUSTICE
- Social Justice Council
- Economic Justice
- Earth Justice Ministry
- $57 K Social Justice Project Awards Announced
- Common Ground
- First Friday Films
- Share the Plate
- Social Justice Council Action Groups
Music To Lift the Spirit
The First Unitarian Society of Milwaukee affirms Music as a spiritual practice. Just as we can learn from Jesus, Buddha, & Mohammed, so too can we learn from J.S. Bach, John Coltrane & Joan Baez.
Indeed, our Sunday services are filled with music as varied as the beliefs of our congregation. Our Music Directors program a wide variety of music selections to support and enhance the exploration of each weekly sermon topic. On any given Sunday, you might hear a violin concerto, showtunes, folk, jazz, or classic rock!
We’re extremely fortunate to have our music program led by these talented and committed individuals:
- alissarhodeme [dot] com (subject: First%20Church%20Music) (Alissa Rhode), Lead Music Director
- Jack Forbes Wilson, Artist-in-Residence
In our sanctuary you will find a recently restored and refurbished 1917 Steinway B grand piano, as well as a pipe organ installed by Chicago’s Berghaus Organ Co. using a number of original pipes from an 1892 organ. Additionally, a 6'3" Baldwin L grand piano provides musical options in beautiful Max Otto Hall on the second floor.
Our church offers a rich variety of opportunities to blossom through musical expression:
- Guest Artists and Ad Hoc Ensembles. Alissa Rhode & Jack Forbes Wilson are frequently joined by talented First Church members, friends, and guests.
- First Unitarian Chancel Choir. Our choir is typically comprised of about 35 adults, traditionally expanding to more than 50 for the Christmas Festival Choir.
- Concerts. Members and friends join together for occasional concerts in the Sanctuary or Max Otto Hall.
If you’re interested in learning more about our music program, please contact alissarhodeme [dot] com (subject: First%20Church%20Music) (Alissa Rhode).