- Stewardship Lives at First Church
- Board of Trustees
- Pastoral Care
- Weddings and Rites of Passage
- Resources, Policies, and Forms
- Give us your feedback
- Achievements under Vision 2010
- Member's Calendar
- Spread the Word!
- Ministers and Staff
- Adult Programs and Classes
- News & Events
- Groups and Committees
- First Church History
- Mission Statement
- LBGT Welcoming Congregation
- Music and the Arts
- Especially for Families
- Internet Links
- CHILDREN & TEENS
- Children's RE from A to Z
- Teen Programming and Religious Education
- First Sunday Activities for K5-7 Grades
- Social Action Projects for Children/Teens
- Food Packing for Hunger Relief
- Holiday Giving Tree
- Kids to Vote for May Partner Organization
- Mission Trip
- Calendar of Events
- Family and Friends Committee
- RE Forms
- Welcoming Children into the Sanctuary
- SOCIAL JUSTICE
- Social Justice Council
- Economic Justice
- Earth Justice Ministry
- 57 K Social Justice Project Proposals
- Common Ground
- First Friday Films
- Share the Plate
- Social Justice Council Action Groups
Celebrating Life’s Events Together
Weddings and Union Ceremonies.
Members and non-members are welcome to hold weddings and union ceremonies (for gays and lesbians) at our church. For cost and other details, please review our Wedding and Union Ceremony booklet. Or, contact our Church Administrator, Jean Johnson, for more information or scheduling.
Dedication of Children and Parents.
This simple ceremony is the Unitarian Universalist version of Christian baptism, though the meanings we attach to it are significantly different. Typically held for children under four years old, the ceremony is a public declaration on the parents’ parts to dedicate themselves to faithfully nurturing and supporting their children. Because of the contextual importance of the family’s relationship to the church community, Dedications are available only to members of the church; and we typically perform them twice yearly, around Thanksgiving and on Mother's Day. If you would like your child dedicated, you may complete a Dedication form here. If you have questions, please contact Sharon Murphy.
Memorial services officiated by our clergy are available to church members only. If you’re not a member of our church, please contact the Church Administrator, Jean Johnson, who can provide you with a list of qualified Unitarian Universalist ministers in the Milwaukee area who may perform your service at our church.