- Stewardship Lives at First Church
- Board of Trustees
- Pastoral Care
- Weddings and Rites of Passage
- Resources, Policies, and Forms
- Give us your feedback
- Achievements under Vision 2010
- Member's Calendar
- Spread the Word!
- Ministers and Staff
- Adult Programs and Classes
- News & Events
- Groups and Committees
- First Church History
- Mission Statement
- LBGT Welcoming Congregation
- Music and the Arts
- Especially for Families
- Internet Links
- CHILDREN & TEENS
- Children's RE from A to Z
- Teen Programming and Religious Education
- First Sunday Activities for K5-7 Grades
- Social Action Projects for Children/Teens
- Food Packing for Hunger Relief
- Holiday Giving Tree
- Kids to Vote for May Partner Organization
- Mission Trip
- Calendar of Events
- Family and Friends Committee
- RE Forms
- Welcoming Children into the Sanctuary
- SOCIAL JUSTICE
- Social Justice Council
- Economic Justice
- Earth Justice Ministry
- $57 K Social Justice Project Awards Announced
- Common Ground
- First Friday Films
- Share the Plate
- Social Justice Council Action Groups
With all the authority I can muster as Senior Minister of this church, welcome, everyone! Welcome to the First Unitarian Society of Milwaukee – a place where freedom, spirituality, community and social justice all come together. It’s also a place of great music, affinity and spiritual growth groups, pastoral care and religious education classes for both children and adults.
To paraphrase my colleague Jane Rzepka: “We just don’t say it enough: welcome, everyone!”
No matter who you are. No matter where you live. No matter if you believe in God or not. No matter if you struggle with mental illness, cancer, or drug addiction. Or struggle at work. No matter how much money you make. No matter how smart you are, how old you are, where you fit into the gender spectrum, or who you love, welcome!
If you are wealthy and retired, welcome. If you’re just barely getting by, welcome. If you were once incarcerated, welcome. If you’re young and inquisitive, welcome.
If you do everything on-line, or if you have never used a computer in your entire life, welcome. We welcome you if you were raised Catholic, Muslim, Methodist, Jewish, Assembly of God, Unitarian Universalist, or something else or nothing else. Welcome!
And if I have somehow not included you yet, you’re welcome too.